The flavours of white wine, flavorful broth, fresh creamy garlic shrimp, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, and fresh parsley come together perfectly in this Creamy Garlic Shrimp recipe! In order to get a smooth, velvety finish to this amazing sauce, this recipe also employs a finishing method known as “monter au beurre,” which involves adding cold butter towards the end.
You must include creamy garlic shrimp in your meal plan for midweek dinners since it’s a tasty, simple, and quick dish that takes only 15 minutes to prepare. Seared juicy jumbo shrimp are combined with a very tasty, creamy, and cheesy sauce, making them simply irresistible. This is a hearty seafood dish that goes well with mashed potatoes, spaghetti, rice, or even just on its own with some crusty bread for dunks. This recipe is the epitome of comfort food.
Because they cook so rapidly, shrimp are a favourite for really quick dinners. And if you know me, you already know that I’m a big fan of quick dinners that take 30 minutes or less. However, a 15-minute dinner—including preparation—well, that seems obvious. Other ideas for easy 15-minute dinners to prepare on a hectic weekday include: seafood fried rice, cacio e pepe pasta, carbonara, and Neapolitan margherita skillet pizza.
- To prepare mouthwatering creamy garlic shrimp, gather the necessary ingredients:
- shrimp in vegetable oil to sear them.
- You may use any sort of shrimp or prawns; I used two pounds of jumbo shrimp. Additionally, you should use peeled, deveined, and tail-free shrimp. Using kitchen scissors, cut through the shrimp’s shell along its back to prepare it. Take off the tails and shells, then rinse to get rid of the veins. Using a paper towel, pat each shrimp totally dry.
- To season the shrimp, add some salt and pepper.
- If preferred, white wine can be omitted or replaced with chicken broth.
- thick cream
- Italian seasoning
- White cheddar cheese; if preferred, Parmesan can be used in its place.
- new parsley
In addition, you’ll need a big pan (I used a cast-iron skillet), measuring cups, and spoons.
- Sear the shrimp. In a large pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat for two minutes, or until it is sizzling hot. Add the shrimp and fry them for two to three minutes on each side, or until they are cooked through and become pink. Add pepper and salt for seasoning. Place aside onto a dish.
- Prepare the sauce. In the same skillet, add the butter and garlic, and cook for one minute or until fragrant. After that, add the wine and mix thoroughly for one minute. Stir in white cheddar, heavy cream, and Italian seasoning. After giving it a good stir, boil the sauce. As the mixture thickens, lower the heat to medium and whisk continuously to have thick consistency.
- Serve. After cooking, return the shrimp to the pan and toss to coat. Serve right away with mashed potatoes, rice, or pasta after adding a parsley garnish.
CREAMY GARLIC SHRIMP SERVING
Serve this creamy garlic shrimp on its own with some crusty bread for some serious dipping, or serve it over a serving of pasta, rice, mashed potatoes, or garlic mashed cauliflower. Spaghetti, fettuccine, or linguine are my favourite long, stringy pastas to serve this over.
I prefer to serve this with a light salad like Greek Salad or Mediterranean Chickpea Wedge Salad, or some veggies on the side like Sautéed Garlic Mushrooms, Roasted Cauliflower, or Roasted Garlic Green Beans to balance the meal.
SUITABLE SHRIMP TYPE TO USE
Actually, rather than fresh caught shrimp, the majority of us will be working with frozen shrimp. Even the shrimp served at the majority of grocery store meat counters is frozen and thawed shrimp.
- Large shrimp work well in this dish, in my opinion. The label on the package reads, roughly, “21 to 30 shrimp per pound.” However, you may use shrimp of any size.
- Add salt, pepper, and smoked paprika to the shrimp and toss.
- Fry the shrimp in a pan in a single layer until they are cooked through and have a gorgeous pink colour.
- It’ll be done quickly! Since shrimp cooks rapidly, you want to be careful not to overcook it.
- It’s probably best to do this in two batches to avoid overflowing the pan.
CREAMY GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE Prep
The butter and garlic are fried together until aromatic as the first stage in making the creamy sauce. YUM.
Next, select how you want the sauce to be creamified by following your instincts.
TOSS AND SIMMER
Simmer the sauce gently for a few minutes to give it a minor thickening. After that, add the Parmesan cheese and stir to melt it.
Here, freshly grated Parmesan cheese works best since it will melt more deliciously than pre-shredded Parmesan.
Conclusion to creamy garlic shrimp
“We have examined the wonderful combination of rich, velvety cream sauce and juicy shrimp as we conclude our culinary exploration of creamy garlic shrimp. This meal is a standout choice for any occasion because of its harmonious flavour profile and simplicity of preparation. Serving this creamy garlic shrimp dish over pasta, rice, or just by itself is sure to tantalize your taste buds and enhance your meal experience. Therefore, take a culinary trip and enjoy this delicious meal, which is sure to leave a lasting impression at your table.”